The star of Ghostbusters and Groundhog Day just seems to pop up around the world. Here are some of the weirdest exploits of the comic legend, who recently turned 65.
- In May 2014, Erik Rogers and Ashley Donald were having wedding photos taken in Charleston, South Carolina. And suddenly, there was Murray, standing behind them with his shirt lifted up, patting his belly, and trying to make them laugh. Murray posed for a few photos, and then disappeared.
- Around the same time, Murray was eating at a nearby restaurant that was hosting a bachelor party. One of the groom’s friends asked him if he would make an appearance but the actor declined. A few minutes later, Murray changed his mind, wandered into the room where they were celebrating, and delivered an impromptu speech. After dispensing some advice about modern courtship, he hoisted the groom onto his shoulders and earned cheers from the attendees before returning to his table.
- After participating in a golf tournament in St. Andrews, Scotland, in 2006, Murray ran into a young Norwegian woman named Lykke Stavnef. She was surprised when he accepted her invitation to a nearby house party hosted by a group of exchange students. The kitchen was stuffed full of dirty dishes and the attendees were shocked when the actor decided to roll up his sleeves and start washing them.
- During the 2010 edition of the annual festival, Murray showed up at a bar called Shangri-La in downtown Austin with several members of the rap group Wu-Tang Clan. He then wandered behind the bar and began taking drink orders from the crowd. No matter what they requested, he nodded politely before serving them glasses tequila.
- While in Europe to promote the 2014 film The Monuments Men, Murray abruptly decided to hop a train from Berlin to Prague despite being scheduled to appear at a press event the following morning. He arrived in Prague around midnight and convinced a cultural attaché at the U.S. embassy to give him a tour of the city. After catching a few hours of sleep at the ambassador’s house, Murray caught an early morning flight back to Berlin.