It’s graduation season, but if you can’t find a job in your field, don’t worry—you could always just shift gears and be a movie star. Here are some celebrities who got a college degree before they became famous for doing something else. Still, it’s nice to have a “fall back.”
• Natalie Portman: Psychology (Harvard)
• Rapper Lil’ Wayne: Psychology (University of Phoenix)
• Will Ferrell: Sports Broadcasting (USC)
• Ken Jeong (The Hangover, Community): Medicine (He’s an M.D.—he went to the University of North Carolina)
• Gene Simmons of KISS: Education. (Richmond College) Pre-fame, he taught elementary school in New York City.
• Ashley Judd: French (University of Kentucky)
• Michael Jordan: Geography (University of North Carolina)
• Dolph Lundgren: Chemical Engineering (Royal Institute of Technology in Sweden)
• “Weird Al” Yankovic: Architecture (Cal Poly)
• Kenny Chesney: Advertising (East Tennessee State)
• NBA star David Robinson: Math (U.S. Naval Academy)
• Ray Manzarek of the Doors: Economics (DePaul University)
• Sacha Baron Cohen (Borat): History (Cambridge University)
• Tiger Woods: Economics (Stanford)
• Eva Longoria: Kinesiology (Texas A&M)
• Lisa Kudrow: Psychobiology (Vassar). Kudrow’s father was a research scientist studying headaches, and she worked on his staff for nearly a decade before pursuing acting.
• Steve Martin: Philosophy (Cal State University, Long Beach)
• Mira Sorvino: East Asian Studies (Harvard)
• Barry Bonds: Criminology (Arizona State University)
Our Father’s Day Sale is in full swing. 30% off the entire store and FREE shipping on order of $35 and more. Also, make sure to enter our June is Bathroom Reading Month giveaway for a chance to win the entire in-print library of Uncle John’s Bathroom Readers.