Star Wars is the most heavily merchandised film series of all time. And while you treasure your original action figures and red light saber, you probably had no idea just how many Star Wars bathroom-related products have been released over the years. Use the force, Uncle John!
- Is your toilet missing something? Do you think it could use a Sarlacc? Or at least some cool stickers based on that terrifying monster from Return of the Jedi? An entrepreneur named Robbie Rand and his friends tried to create some wacky movie-related analogies for going to the bathroom. One of them came up with “toss Boba Fett in the Sarlacc.” The Toilet Sarlacc is now a thing.
- Han Solo’s “I know” line from The Empire Strikes Back is one of the best known, and romantic, moments in the original Star Wars trilogy. So what geek couple wouldn’t enjoy these “his and her” hand towels based on Solo’s infamous machismo?
- In the early ‘80s, Kenner released a line of soaps based on various Star Wars characters. Actress Carrie Fisher hung on to a bottle of Princess Leia Shampoo and reportedly still has it. If she’s ever willing to part with the bottle, it could fetch as much as 50 bucks on eBay.
- Think Geek sells both Jedi and Sith-styled bathrobes. The Jedi version comes with a hood just like the one on Obi Wan Kenobi’s robe. Unfortunately, lightsabers are sold separately.
- A writer at Wired recently noted that “R2D2 can project holograms, co-pilot an X-Wing and stop a trash compactor. And, thanks to new merchandise, he can also help wipe your bottom.” This is the droid that dispenses its own toilet paper that you’re looking for.