Saturday Night Live is celebrating it’s 40th anniversary season with…a line of expensive, designer clothing at Sak’s Fifth Avenue?
- SNL High-Waist Plaid Shorts. Remember “the Nerds” from ’70s SNL, portrayed by Gilda Radner and Bill Murray? Radner’s character attended Catholic school, and Alice + Olivia created these school uniform-like plaid shorts. ($333)
- SNL Chamber Wool Vest. About 20 years later, Molly Shannon played clumsy Catholic schoolgirl Mary Katherine Gallagher. Rag & Bone’s vest-and-skirt combo pays tribute. ($395)
- SNL Stretch Silk Mixed-Print Dress. Made by Suno, it’s just like the brightly-colored little-girl dress Kristen Wiig’s mischievous (if not evil) Gilly character wore. ($695)
- SNL Dylan Cropped Varsity Sweatshirt. Elizabeth and James contributed this V-neck sweatshirt with the number 40 on it, recalling the cheerleading outfits of Will Ferrell and Cheri Oteri’s Spartan Cheerleaders. ($245)
- SNL Leather Track Shorts. These Alexander Wang originals will make you look just like Mango, Chris Kattan’s hypnotic pixie dancer. ($650)
- Marley SNL Ribbed Wool Beanie. Think this is just an off-white knit hat? Nope—Eugenia Kim designers made this hat after being inspired by the Coneheads. ($225).
It’s not just clothes commemorating SNL—it’s ice cream. Last fall, Ben & Jerry’s introduced two new ice cream flavors inspired by recent SNL sketches. Lazy Sunday is made up of vanilla cake batter ice cream with cupcake pieces. (In the original faux-rap Digital Short, Andy Samberg and Chris Parnell detail a day spent in New York, culminating in a trip to Magnolia Bakery, because it has “all the bomb frostings.”) The other: Gilly’s Catastrophic Crunch. It’s chocolate and sweet cream ice creams with caramel clusters, almonds, and marshmallows.