From the amazing to the amusing, this byte-sized collection will bring you the inside stories behind earth-shattering discoveries, accidental inventions, and outlandish studies. Featuring Uncle John’s most mind-bending science articles–along with a few all-new “experiments”–this book will make you think, make you laugh, and make you ask yourself, “What the heck were they thinking?” Get ready to cackle like a mad scientist as you uncover the truth about…
– The mystery of Tesla’s death ray machine
– How to reanimate the dead
– The next space race: Interstellar travel
– Serendipity: The origins of the microwave oven and Silly Putty
– The eccentric Dr. Einstein
– The simple science behind nuclear fission
– “Pigeons’ Ability to Discriminate Between Monet and Picasso” and other strange-but-true studies
– Toilets in Spaaaaace!
And much, much more!